A well-made kitchen floor plan is the basis of every successful kitchen renovation project. At Corner, we understand how crucial it is to have personalized floor plan before transforming your kitchen into a modern culinary space. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of creating a floor plan that will be the blueprint for your dream kitchen design.
What is a Floor Plan?
A floor plan is a top-down, scaled drawing of a room or building. It gives you a bird's-eye view of the space, showing the layout of rooms, doors, windows, and other elements on a single level. For kitchen designers, this plan provides a clear understanding of the space they'll be working with.
Creating Your Kitchen Floor Plan:Making a floor plan for your kitchen might sound daunting, but it's simpler than you might think, and you don't need to be an architect. To get started, follow these steps:
1. Gather the Essentials:
- Overall dimensions: Measure the length and width of your kitchen space. Include any unusual features or alcoves.
- Wall dimensions: Measure the length of each wall, both inside and outside.
- Window(s) and door(s) measurements: Measure each window and its distance from the floor, ceiling, and corners of your room. Also, measure the height of the window and the distance from the bottom of the window to the floor. For doors, doorways, and windows, make sure to include the trims or casings in the overall measurements that you record.
- Clearance around windows: Note the space needed for ventilation and functionality.
- Stove: Mark where your stove or cooktop is and measure its size.
- Fridge: Show the location and size of your refrigerator.
- Other appliances: If you have other appliances, like a dishwasher or microwave, include them too.
Find detailed information with examples in CORNER’s measurement guide – Corner_Measurement_Guide.pdf.
2. Sketch Your Floor Plan:
Use graph paper or a simple floor plan tool to draw your kitchen layout. Start with walls and windows, then add in appliances and clearances. Use a scale that matches your kitchen's size.
3. Double-Check and Review:
Review your floor plan for accuracy. Check all measurements and placements to ensure everything fits well.
4. Seek Professional Help (If Needed):
If you're uncertain about any part of your floor plan or need expert advice, don't hesitate to contact your Corner designer through our app. Our team is here to assist and provide valuable insights for your kitchen design.
Creating a detailed kitchen floor plan is the first step toward making your dream kitchen a reality. With Corner's guidance and resources, you can create a floor plan that serves as the foundation for a modern, functional, and beautiful kitchen. So, grab your measuring tape and start designing the kitchen you've always wanted.